Everything about Privacy Statement Template
- Notice: The website collecting the data must explain what use they are making with the data that is collected, specifying the exact use and storage.
- Choice: The website should let the customers or users choose if they want their data to be collected and used, also let them know that they can still use the services or not if they do.
- Access: Every user or customer of the website should be able to grasp the amount of information that is collected and the accuracy of it, always staying alerted of the website not taking more information than what was previously stated.
- Security: At the end, a website should explain thoroughly through a privacy statement how the information is going to be used and how it is going to be protected from any third-party website or services, always keeping it away from unauthorized manage.
This all means that a privacy statement actually works as a text that explains customers, users and visitors of a website how personal data is collected, what is collected and why, always explaining every important point that has to do with both the range of use and type of storage method.
A privacy statement and disclaimer samples should include the necessary explanation of the website indicating which of the next information is taken from its users:
- Email address
- First and last name
- Billing and shipping address
- Credit card information
- And so on
Correct Privacy Statement Template
The following privacy statement template will show you what exactly should be included in a privacy statement sample:
- Information collection and use: As said before, this part of a privacy statement explains how and what is collected from the users or visitors of a website. Also, it explains what’s the use of that data or information that is collected.
- Log data: This section informs users and visitors that their data is collected immediately or later, depending on the website. This log data collects information like IP, type of browser that is used, pages previously visited and even the cookies the user has on his PC.
- Cookies: This section of the privacy statement template states that the website is storing cookies from its website on the computer of every user. Also, this section should inform every user and visitor that those cookies can be disabled if they do not want to share any information.
- Security: This section explains users and visitors how their data is collected and preserved, making them know that their data is totally secured and won’t be used by any unauthorized party.
- Links to other sites: This part states that the website can link the user or visitor to other websites depending on the kind of content that is being seen. This section is mostly added in websites that offer services or products from other sellers apart from the website itself.
- Contact us: This part should include the information users or visitors can use to contact the website owner in order to make complaints about the policy or to demand more information about how their data is going to be used.
Create Your Privacy Statement Easily
At the end, a privacy statement is the best way to avoid any legal action against a website that works in many ways and exposes a lot of content for many visitors and users. This kind of document actually helps the website owner to have more control over the data that is collected by his website and how it is managed, keeping it always legal and totally correct from a user point of view.